Interior PIR.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jambhoy
Labourer
Labourer

Interior PIR.

by jambhoy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:20 pm

I have purchased an interior PIR switch for my toilet and was looking for help with the wiring. The household wiring has one red, one black and one earth, as would be expected. The new switch has one red, one black and one green. The instructions say to connect the black to Live, the green to Neutral and controlled lamp, then the red to the controlled lamp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

speedygonzarlis
Tradesman
Tradesman

by speedygonzarlis » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:05 pm

not quiet as easy as all that, i am presuming the wires you are telling me about are from the light fitting, they are switched live neutral and earth, and that your wanting to remove the original wall switch, the occupancy sensor is asking for a constant live and neutral and it makes its own switched live, if i'm wrong this is how to wire it,
pir black to your red (must be constant live)
pir green to your black and then looped to neutral on light,
pir red to live on light (this is swithched live)
your existing earth to light fitting, pir will be double insulated so won't need an earth,
if your in any doubt whatsoever get a qualified sparky in to fit it!!!! you are altering a circuit and this is notifiable work!!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:56 pm