DIY Doctor

Internal Cracks appearing

Postby Informer30 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:03 pm


My wife and I brought a house in Nov 2009, which is of a 1956 build semi detached. When in the process of the purchase we discovered the house had subsidence around 10 years ago and this had been fixed by approved fitters. I have a Claim summary from GAB robins confirming the extent of the problem and worked carried out.

Everything was fine when we moved in but in the last 6 months I am noticing cracks all over the house, pretty much every room and even the stairwell. I am highly concerned and worried, is the norm for semi-detached houses or is there a problem? The house is built with cavity walls, which are not filled and we suffer from a cold house even though I have insulated as much I can.

I hope I have not missed anything....

Please can you help....

Many Thanks
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:59 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Seek help from a structural engineer,He will produce a full structural report and He is the best person to advise you in this situation.
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics