Internal Terrace Walls
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nhill07
Labourer
Labourer

Internal Terrace Walls

Post by nhill07 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi there,

I live in a terrace house and have found that there is, what appears to be, rising damp on the internal walls.

This is only visible on the bottom of the walls under the stairs. It is not visible on the living room and kitchen sides.

It has rotted the skirting that was in there (I ripped it out today!) and rots any boxes I put in there.

All the exterior walls have had a damp proof course but it seems a little odd that the interior walls are having this problem :? Could this be a humidity issue or could it actually be damp??

Could anyone recommend a DIY solution?

If I have not been specific then please feel free to ask me any questions.

ANY help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:49 pm

Interior walls in terraced properties are laid on foundations also which means thay are subject toi the same sort of damp problems that the external walls are. See the projects on the website for Damp proof injection, this is something that possibly you can DIY

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:52 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm