DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Internal Wall Crusting Patches in Victorian Terrace

Postby themainlegend » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Evening all,

Me and the mrs bought our first property this year, a Victorian terrace. There is one area of the house that baffles us. An internal wall has weird patches that look like crusting. The paint around the light switch also keeps cracking no matter how thin it is applied.

The crusting takes the form of a yellowy colour and I'm really baffled as to what it could be. It's midway up the wall also.

Will post pics tomorrow!! Hope someone can help.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:45 am


Simply Build It

Postby diydoctor6 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Hi themainlegend,
It sounds a little like efflorescence, but it's hard to tell without a picture.

You can find out all about efflorescence here: ... -cures.htm

Some photo's would really help.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics