Internal wall not straight and is this a potential problem?
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
myname123
Labourer
Labourer

Internal wall not straight and is this a potential problem?

Post by myname123 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 am

Hi, hopefully I am posting this on the correct board, apologies if not.

I have 2 walls, between the landing and bedrooms, which are not straight.

I have tried to show which ones, on the floor plan.

The one which is opposite the staircase is more noticeable. I have measured both ends of the wall, and the gaps to the staircase are different on both sides. The right hand side is much closer to the staircase.

The other wall (between 2 doors) is only slightly slanted.

The wall that runs through the house directly below it is straight, there are no issues.

I’m not sure if I should be concerned?

Its a 1950s ex council terrace for reference. I’ve tried googling but I can’t find whether this is common with older houses or not.

I’m not sure if it’s possible that the walls have been moved around or not? This didn’t come up when I purchased the house however the previous owner had been there for a long time (I’m thinking 50+ years), so if they’d carried out anywork a long time ago, I’m not sure if it would even be picked up?

I’ve had some work done to the house too (new woodwork etc) and builders never mentioned or picked up on it, so I’m not sure if I am just worrying without reason.

TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:48 am