Is it damp or is it condensation?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DIYHELL
Labourer
Labourer

Is it damp or is it condensation?

by DIYHELL » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 am

The flat I'm in is the top floor of a Victorian property, the ceiling in the bedroom is sloped at one side 6ft from the floor, where the sloping is there's some damp staining, the freehold owner has said he's had the gutters cleaned but the problem is still there. I was told it could be the artexing on the walls? Also the bathrom tile paint is peeling I've tried bathroom tile paint but its just desn't stay fixed and it wreaks my brushes, I've recently cleaned out the block extractor fan so the didn't help, what can I use to paint the walls to make them look good again. Certainly don't want to see the paisley tiles underneath. Should I get a damp inspecion done first then go from there?

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:23 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:29 am