DIY Doctor

Is it possible to connect any radiator on the same side?

Postby FeralPencil » Fri May 08, 2020 8:35 am

Hello,

I'm decorating a bedroom with many problems (other posts will surely follow). The current radiator is connected at the top on one side and the bottom on the other side. This means there is a pipe running underneath the whole length of the radiator. I know this is for maximum efficiency but the radiator is only connected to a wood burner so doesn't get very hot or used much anyway.

Would it possible to connect a standard, nice looking modern radiator on the same side? I had a look online but can only see the old cast iron types connected like this.
Attachments
radiator picture resize.jpg
radiator picture resize.jpg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 149 times
FeralPencil
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi feralpencil
Yes but make sure you pick a radiator with 3/4bsp tappings on all four corners and check that the flow and return trappings are not fixed by the manufacturer.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby FeralPencil » Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 pm

Thank you, just the information I need.
FeralPencil
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby ericmark » Sat May 09, 2020 10:30 pm

Is the water pumped, if so as @stoneyboy says, but if thermosyphon then you may need to keep the method already used.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!