Is it possible to connect any radiator on the same side?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FeralPencil
Labourer
Labourer

Is it possible to connect any radiator on the same side?

Post by FeralPencil » Fri May 08, 2020 8:35 am

Hello,

I'm decorating a bedroom with many problems (other posts will surely follow). The current radiator is connected at the top on one side and the bottom on the other side. This means there is a pipe running underneath the whole length of the radiator. I know this is for maximum efficiency but the radiator is only connected to a wood burner so doesn't get very hot or used much anyway.

Would it possible to connect a standard, nice looking modern radiator on the same side? I had a look online but can only see the old cast iron types connected like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Is it possible to connect any radiator on the same side?

Post by stoneyboy » Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi feralpencil
Yes but make sure you pick a radiator with 3/4bsp tappings on all four corners and check that the flow and return trappings are not fixed by the manufacturer.
Regards S

FeralPencil
Labourer
Labourer

Post by FeralPencil » Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 pm

Thank you, just the information I need.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by ericmark » Sat May 09, 2020 10:30 pm

Is the water pumped, if so as @stoneyboy says, but if thermosyphon then you may need to keep the method already used.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1