Is it Possible to Have a Bad Propane Bottle?
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
techcareuk
Labourer
Labourer

Is it Possible to Have a Bad Propane Bottle?

Post by techcareuk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi,
I run an outbuilding heater (3 ceramic element mobile heater) from a 47Kg propane bottle, I have never had a problem but when I changed to a new bottle the pilot light lit but the heating element would not and it made a bubbling sound.
I had a spare 13kg bottle with some gas in so I connected that and after allowing a minute or so for the gas to come through the heater lit and run fine.

I called the gas supplier and ther collected the bottle for testing, after a week went by without hearing back I chased them and they delivered another 47Kg bottle which has exactly the same symptoms.

I tried the same new Gas to run a different heater ( a Propex 1600 Blown air heater) and it to would not light and gave a pop sound as it tried to light and then showed flame failure error.

OK am I missing something or does it sound like I have had 2x bottles with BAD GAS?
does BAD GAS even exist?
i'm a bit reluctant to send this 47Kg bottle back again especially if they are going to just replace it with the same faulty gas that they have already done?

any help or advice much appreciated
Mark

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:48 am