Is wall mounted air heaters classes as Central Heating?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lolo2
Labourer
Labourer

Is wall mounted air heaters classes as Central Heating?

by lolo2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Having a problem here...

I live in a one bed private rented semi on my own and have 2 small heaters in the whole of the house.

Since i'm receving benefits i called the energy saving trust to see if i could get any help/benefits with heating as the property is freezing single glazed windows.

The energy savings trust told me that the heaters i have are not classed as central heating and i should have storage night heaters...as my LL are under a legal obligation to provide me with central heating.

I was just wondering if this is true?

I have since spoken to my LL and they want comformation from the council that they have to fit Storage heaters (but the LL are willing to fit another air heater) the council won't send letter and told me it is up to me to persue this i.e through a lawyer which i don't ovb want to create a nasty relationship with the LL.

Also my bath leaked and i now have a big damp mould patch on my celling in the kitchen...the problem has been resolved but i am left with the furry patch.

My windows are constantly leaking with rain water and condensation which causes mould and there is a lot of draft coming in the windows. Also when it rains i gain a puddle of water under my front door. I am at my wits end and looking for some guidance without having to take the legal route!

Thank you

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:32 am

As you rent would moving be an option? It sounds like the house needs a bit of an overhaul and handing in your notice might give the landlord the eye opener he needs.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1