Issue with built in wardrobe doors and finding the right hinge
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DominicWolf
Labourer
Labourer

Issue with built in wardrobe doors and finding the right hinge

by DominicWolf » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:54 am

I've recently built a set of built in wardrobes either side of a chimney stack in our bedroom.

Upon completion I realised I'd made a big rookie error. I hadn't allowed any space for the drawers to open once the doors were attached.

I think I've found a solution but don't know what hinge I need to complete the job.

The doors I've created sit within the cupboard like inset ones do as opposed to just being on top like some kitchen cupboards work.

What I need is a hinge that will allow me to open the cupboard from an inset position to the outside of the frame so the drawers can open freely.

Please see attached images for reference. Does anyone know what hinge would help do that?

The doors are 36mm thick so it would have to allow for that when they are fully open.

The top doors I've used standard flush hinges as there is nothing to slide out for them and I was hoping to do the same for the main doors but forgot about the drawers.

Any help would be much appreciated?
Attachments
Cupboard door open how I'd like it to so drawers can open.
Cupboard door open how I'd like it to so drawers can open.
Cupboard sat into the wardrobe.
Cupboard sat into the wardrobe.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Issue with built in wardrobe doors and finding the right hinge

by stoneyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:35 pm

Hi Dominicwolf,
Suggest you try an internet search for amerock cranked flush cabinet hinges and see if any of those will suit.
Regards S

DominicWolf
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Issue with built in wardrobe doors and finding the right hinge

by DominicWolf » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:44 am

Brilliant, many thanks! Will have a look.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:25 am