Issues With Bathroom Lighting and Extractor Fan Setup
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Adammm
Labourer
Labourer

Issues With Bathroom Lighting and Extractor Fan Setup

Post by Adammm » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:53 pm

good afternoon. Was hoping to seek some guidance regarding a new bathroom light fitting I was planning on installing in conjunction with the bathroom extractor fan. I believe u have wired everything correctly the fan works a treat with the pull cord however the light fitting I did plan on installing was virtually off a glimmer of light so I removed it and put in a spare downlight I have from the lounge and that was equally as dim and u was hoping maybe one of you guys could look at my wiring to see where I was going wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Issues With Bathroom Lighting and Extractor Fan Setup

Post by ericmark » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:33 am

[attachment=0]lights.jpg[/attachment]This shows general idea of how lights are wired, it would seem you have got the cables mixed up and wired the lights in series instead of parallel, but there are no standard colours so you will now need to test each cable, there is clearly some danger involved working with electrics and you will need a meter of some sort.

I am uneasy at trying to guide step by step, if you can't read diagram and work it out, not sure it is safe to try to guide as one step missed and you could injure yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:13 pm