All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RJP69
Labourer
Labourer

issues with icos HE12 & Range HE water tank

by RJP69 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 am

Hiya

I have a 5 yr old Ideal Icos HE12 with a Range HE water tank with 13 radiators on three floors throughout the house. The issue is we either have hot water or heating (not both at the same time). We are currently experiencing no hot water. The boiler appears to be working as the display shows 'c' with a flashing /static LED, making the usual noises. The water tank has pipes at the bottom & middle (CH) which are very hot to touch and the top pipe (HW) is cold. One of the pipes from the top of the boiler is very hot and the side of the boiler is hot to the touch as well. Can anyone explain the reasons for this and what the remedial action would be?

Thanks for your help

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: issues with icos HE12 & Range HE water tank

by plumbbob » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:17 am

The fault could be caused by a number of things but the finger should point first at any motorised valves you have. You haven't mentioned if the system has one or two valves and this info would help.

Try operating the valves manually to see if they work smoothly. If you hold the hot water valve open manually, does hot water flow around the cylinder coil?

RJP69
Labourer
Labourer

by RJP69 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:49 am

plumbbob wrote:The fault could be caused by a number of things but the finger should point first at any motorised valves you have. You haven't mentioned if the system has one or two valves and this info would help.

Try operating the valves manually to see if they work smoothly. If you hold the hot water valve open manually, does hot water flow around the cylinder coil?

The system is a Range Tribune HE. The pipe coming from the top of the tank does not have any valves. there are two 2 port valves with red thumbwheels on the two sets of pipes from the main pump and the thumbwheels do not seem to move. How would I operate the valves manually?

RJP69
Labourer
Labourer

by RJP69 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:45 pm

plumbbob wrote:The fault could be caused by a number of things but the finger should point first at any motorised valves you have. You haven't mentioned if the system has one or two valves and this info would help.

Hiya

I have managed to open the two 2 port valves and I can hear the water flowing through the pipes.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am