DIY Doctor

Jointing Compound?

Postby citizen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:49 pm


Can someone please tell me the difference between so-called plasterboard jointing compound and all-purpose filler? Are the two interchangeable? Or what names is jointing compound known by (cannot find it anywhere)?

I'm patching drywall so hoping to use this to bed down paper tape... something else to cover once dry?

Many thanks
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 pm


DIY asbestos test kits

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:15 pm

See if you can find Gyproc Easi Fill or something similar, this product is more fatty than all purpose filler so you can make thinner repairs.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics