keston celsius 25 problem firing
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
baldilocks
Labourer
Labourer

keston celsius 25 problem firing

by baldilocks » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:04 pm

hi i have the unfortunate luck to own a house with the celsius 25 and have had experience with others on our estate.

the issue at the moment seems to be that it will not fire, it goes through the start up sequence but after the 4th attempt locks out, i thought aha thermo couple but it's electronic ignition, so phoned Keston direct and they said spark electrode, so after an almighty muck up on the behalf of HRP, i finally have one today a week later i've just fitted it and hey presto still doesn't fire, my meager conclusion draws me to gas valve as there is gas before the solenoid but nothing after or the pcb board as i haven't heard the thing spark (even tried it like you do with a car external with an earth point secured to it) help cause it's cold

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:45 am

Hi,

Does the fan run?

warren jeffery
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: keston celsius 25 problem firing

by warren jeffery » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:28 pm

[quote="baldilocks"]hi i have the unfortunate luck to own a house with the celsius 25 and have had experience with others on our estate.

the issue at the moment seems to be that it will not fire, it goes through the start up sequence but after the 4th attempt locks out, i thought aha thermo couple but it's electronic ignition, so phoned Keston direct and they said spark electrode, so after an almighty muck up on the behalf of HRP, i finally have one today a week later i've just fitted it and hey presto still doesn't fire, my meager conclusion draws me to gas valve as there is gas before the solenoid but nothing after or the pcb board as i haven't heard the thing spark (even tried it like you do with a car external with an earth point secured to it) help cause it's cold[/quote]
check the fan pressure switch pull of the hose and operate it manually see if the boiler lights

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1