Kitchen & Bathroom walls
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
splatisheroonie
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen & Bathroom walls

by splatisheroonie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:10 pm

My local council is carrying out a kitchens and bathrooms upgrade program.

Unfortunately my kitchen is fully tiled onto plasterboard and my bathroom is partially tiled and having removed a few tiles from an obscure part of the kitchen, it is obvious that there will be substantial damage to the plaster walls.
As we are NOT receiving any compensation or decorating allowances from my stingy council, I am unsure whether I should just leave the tiles on and hope that when the kitchen units are installed there will not be too much damage, or to hire someone to come in and completely remove the walls and install new walls instead.

When this work is carried out, they are just gonna rip out the old kitchen units and replace new units and new wall units too, but they will NOT remove tiles but are to tile over anything already on the wall 3 rows up.

We are extremely unhappy at this situation of NO compensation or allowances from the council so need to seek expert advice as to what we do about the walls in both kitchen and bathroom.

I have also been looking at "Stick&Go" tiles and are interested in hearing from anyone who has used the stick&Go tiles for feedback.

All help greatly appreciated

Cheers

stevie boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

by stevie boy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:33 pm

dont worry about tiles and wall behind thebase units as this will not be seen when the new kitchen is fitted just make good the walls between wall and base units

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:40 am