Been pulling out what little hair I have left this afternoon.
I have a Bosch 10" sliding mitre saw which can cut compound mitres with ease.
Problem I'm having is that following the instructions from Bosch the joint just doesn't work, it ends up wider at the top than the bottom.
The instructions are as follows (I only need to cut external corner joints)..
- set the bevel to a preset 33.9 degrees
- for the left half of the joint set the mitre to a preset 31.6 degrees to the left
- put the moulding flat on the worktable with the bottom edge against the fence
- make the cut and the finished work piece is to the right
- for the r/h piece set the mitre to 31.6 degrees to the right
- place work piece flat with top edge against the fence
- make the cut and the finished piece is to the right
Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!