DIY Doctor

Kitchen Cabinet Hinge and Handle Advice

Postby Stotherd » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:22 am

Hi, I've an issue with a corner kitchen cabinet. Before I moved in a dishwasher was installed in the corner beside this cabinet. When the dishwasher opens, the handle for the door gets in the way of the dishwasher, so we have to open the cabinet, but it is still in the way, as the door itself is at the end on the dishwasher doors swing.

Given this, we're looking to remove the handle of the door, or come up with another solution. An option I thought of was a 'push to open' magnetic latch, however, as its a corner cabinet below a drawer, there's no where to put the latch near the top. I've been trying to find one I can mount at a right angle however they don't seem to exist.

Would it still work ok if it was mounted at the bottom? Would I be best mounting the PTO latch with a wooden mount near the top?

Thanks for the help.
Stotherd
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:45 pm

Hi stotherd,
Have you tried a loft hatch latch, these mount at rightanges and have the push release you want.
Regards S?
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!