Kitchen corner wall unit problem
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bb700
Apprentice
Apprentice

Kitchen corner wall unit problem

by bb700 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:36 pm

I`m fitting a heavy corner wall unit onto a wall which lies at 100 degrees (i.e when one face is flat to one wall there is a 20mm gap at the other at the extreme) .
There are no service gaps at the back ( 18mm butted carcass all around ).
I`m attaching using #12 screws with large flat washers to avoid `pull-through`.
Would you use vertical battons of the right thickness against the bad wall ( one batton would be about 10mm thick the other about 20mm thick ).
Or would you use another method.
Thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Kitchen corner wall unit problem

by welsh brickie » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:27 am

cut out the plaster back to the brickwork to accomadate the battons,level them and screw them to the brickwork, you can adjust the batton and pack it where nessasary off the wall, and screw the units to the battons.

mraich
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Kitchen corner wall unit problem

by mraich » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 pm

[quote="welsh brickie"]cut out the plaster back to the brickwork to accomadate the battons,level them and screw them to the brickwork, you can adjust the batton and pack it where nessasary off the wall, and screw the units to the battons.[/quote]
[b][quote]I just moved into a new home. Small kitchen which has one tall unit attached to a base unit/counter top and a wall unit above that. I would like to remove the tall unit to make room for a refrigerator. However, I can't see how the tall unit is attached to the other units. There are no bolts visible anywhere. Any suggestios?
Thanks
MH

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:56 am