DIY Doctor

Main navigation

kitchen electrics-scottish regulations

Postby » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

I'm about to fit a friend's kitchen and need some advice about building regulations-specifically electrical-in SCOTLAND.

I want to intall a couple of new sockets as spurs from the existing ring, take a supply to under wall unit lights via a fused switch wired from the existing lighting supply, and provide power to the cooker hood from a fused point spurred from the cooker supply. I've done plenty of electrics in the past and can have the installation certified by a friend who is an electrician. Can I go ahead on that basis or do I need consent?

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:46 am

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics