Kitchen Extension use of Wago's and Eelctrical Advice
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
000djc000
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Extension use of Wago's and Eelctrical Advice

by 000djc000 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:09 pm

I am planning on doing an extension to my kitchen and working out how the electrics could be wired up. As the schematic is larger than 1024 pixels I have pasted a link so you can view the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kMx6cO ... sp=sharing

Q1. Is it acceptable (17th Edition) to have a dedicated circuit from the consumer unit 'Kitchen Utilities' where it would be protected by a 20A MCB feed straight to a Wago Connector with 2.5mmT&E. From the Wago in 2.5mmT&E to Fused Switches to the various items. The output from the fused switches in 1.5mmT&E to 'Hydronic Heaters, 'Nest Power' etc.

Q2. Is is also acceptable from the Fused Switch 'Hydronic Heaters' a feed in 2.5mm to another set of Wago's which feed two additional Fused Switches 'Garden Lights and 'Nest Power'

If you see anything on the schematic which is a no no. I'd be grateful in letting me know.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Kitchen Extension use of Wago's and Eelctrical Advice

by Mr White » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm

I would have to ask, why all the wago connectors?

It would be easier and neater to loop from one switched fused unit to the next, to the next etc.

If anything is going to cause problems it will be the garden lights (Water ingress) If you can, put this on its own circuit or better still its own RCBO

9/12 22.52

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Kitchen Extension use of Wago's and Eelctrical Advice

by ericmark » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:04 pm

Look at LAP grid switch plates with fuses and switches rather than wago it may suit better, but nothing wrong with wago. I would put all fuses together and all switches together.

Ring finals are normally 32A

RCD is normally fitted in consumer unit.

I would not use more than 20A trip for oven.

I would normally use 32A for hob but in the main can be 20A only stand alone needs 32A very few stand alone need 45A

In the main LABC charges make it uneconomical to DIY electrics which will need notifying, new circuits need notifying and in Wales work in kitchens and outside.

Look up Part P and decide if worth it. I don't care what you do, I am not a policeman, but it seems you want it to comply, so be aware it may simply not be worth doing as DIY if you want the correct paper trail.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:46 pm