Kitchen Extractor Ducting for new Range Cooker
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

harburt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Kitchen Extractor Ducting for new Range Cooker

by harburt » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi folks

We're renovating our kitchen and will be installing a new range cooker in the chimney breast. The issue I having is how to route the ducting for the extractor as the chimney is awkwardly located and I'm trying to avoid lining the chimney and just having it vent out the top as I've read this is not a great idea (the top of the chimney being cold and the warm, oily kitchen air don't sound like a great combo).

I've attached pictures which should help explain my current plan. The thinking is to come right out the chimney breast, along the top of the wall in the alcove to the corner, then along the ceiling above the door and out of the opposite wall above the boiler. The total length of the run would be about 5.1m, however as it involves two 90 degree turns I'm concerned it's too long a run without adding additional venting power.

In an ideal world I'd come straight opposite the oven but the tall windows there make it hard to get the pipe out through the brickwork without interfering with the window arch.

And I can't run out to the left of the chimney breast as it's around 6m to the ext wall which will have a lintel in the way and there's another load bearing wall in the way too.

I'm short of ideas. Unless venting up and out the top of the chimney isn't such a bad idea?

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Running out of brain power on this!

ducting 1.jpg