Kitchen floor suggestions for replacing quarry floor tiles
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PlanetQueen
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen floor suggestions for replacing quarry floor tiles

by PlanetQueen » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:04 pm

My flat (purpose built, circa 1932) kitchen floor has buff/beige quarry tiles. I really don't like them, and have tried various floor coverings over the years to hide them.

I've looked into floor paints, but the epoxy based options seem very difficult to prepare and correctly apply.

Can anyone help with any suggestions as to the best way forward?

Thanks,

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Kitchen floor suggestions for replacing quarry floor tiles

by stoneyboy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:04 am

Hi planetqueen
I would be a shame to permanently destroy the surface of the tiles - the next owner may really like them. Suggest you cover with laminate flooring, the underlay will take out minor surface defects and there are a who range of different patterns, not just wood effect.
Regards S

PlanetQueen
Labourer
Labourer

by PlanetQueen » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:55 pm

I agree, but I've already tried wooden tiles (they got wet and warped), and currently the flooring is covered with vinyl flooring, but it looks pretty poor. Is there a decent stone-look vinyl covering that won't lift up or tear and ripple?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi planetqueen
Vinyl is fine on a flat smooth floor not so good on a tiled floor due to unevenness and joints. Suggest you have a look at something like quickstep exq1554.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:26 pm