Kitchen Hafele Larder Unit Meant to be Soft Closing but it Doesn't Quite get There
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JimmyDM
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Hafele Larder Unit Meant to be Soft Closing but it Doesn't Quite get There

Post by JimmyDM » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi
I didn't know where to post this, since there is no kitchen forum, so i hope it will do here.
Hafele soft closing larder unit. Kitchen less than a year old. Unit does not close - stops a few inches away from the frame. Feels as though there is something in the way, in the mechanism in the base, but it is clean and debris free. This suddenly happened. I can push it slowly closed and it sits snugly against the frame. I know there are adjusting screws in the base of the unit, but I thought these were to make sure that it is flush against the frame when closed,
Anyone any ideas how to make it soft close fully?
Cheers
Jimmy

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Kitchen Hafele Larder Unit Meant to be Soft Closing but it Doesn't Quite get There

Post by greengrass » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:57 pm

haven't got that system but this is just a guess.

It could be runners try petrolium jelly (Vaseline) and dosn't smell, I use it as a clean lubricant I also use on car battery to prevent build up of gung on hte terminals.
Could be the adjusters you found.or you could contact the supplier of the unit for the manufacturer and ask them why it happens. Hopefully you've fixed it.
Greengrass

JimmyDM
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Kitchen Hafele Larder Unit Meant to be Soft Closing but it Doesn't Quite get There

Post by JimmyDM » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Just to say a belated thank you for your suggestion.

I took the whole thng apart and discovered that an adjusting bolt which was an integral part of the frame had snapped. (How?!!) The person who fitted the kitchen no longer fits kitchen, so there was no follow-up to be had there. So, buy an expensive new frame or ...

I replaced the pull-out larder with shelves, put on a soft-closing door and all is sorted.

There was a sticker near the runners saying clean, but don't oil - so I suppose that would include petroleum jelly.

Anyhow, all done now and thanks for taking the time to reply.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:28 pm