DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Kitchen hob next to tall unit with SS/other splashback

Postby Janine » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi, I'd be REALLY grateful for some help. I'm planning a new's very small with three doors off of it and there's really only two ways the kitchen can be refitted. The way I like involves having an integrated fridge freezer 60cm unit, next to an integrated hob 60cm unit on one wall. I do intend to look for a heat resistant splashback to fix to the side of the fridge freezer unit, as well as behind the hob. Are there any regulations about this?
Thanks, Janine
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Postby kbrownie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Yes indeed they are regulations, I'm no expert 450mm and 300mm ring a bell. I think you can not have a gas hob below a wall unit lower than 450mm and tall units within 300mm but may be 400mm of gas hobs.
But I am being vague, so i suggest find the gas and gas fitting forum and put your post there for a more knowledgable reply.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics