Kitchen Mixer with pull out spray, has 4 inlets?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cerbsurf
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Mixer with pull out spray, has 4 inlets?

Post by cerbsurf » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased a mixer tap for the kitchen which has a pull out spray! My question, is that it has 2 hoses about the same length, then it has one longer hose which connects straight to the pull out bit, then there is another hose, slightly shorter than all the others!

Unfortunatley there are no instructions with it, I'm lost! How do I plumb this in??

Any ideas?

Thabks in advance!

Matt

Findus
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Findus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:41 pm

I got a same type of tap from Argos and again no installation instructions and 3 holes on the base, 2 obviously hot & cold, the other the feed to the outlet hose, but no indication anywhere to which was which! After complaining to Argos they gave me this suppliers number: Mayfair Brassware CTD 01977 68 5770.

These confirmed my logical thoughts (hate to trial & error if I can), that the central inlet was the outlet to the hose and the left and right was hot and cold - as per the tap above.

Guess Matt yours could be similar?

Also told by Mayfair that the rubber bung (don't know how to describe otherwise!) spilts in 2 and fits around the outlet hose, as this aids retraction of the hose.

Cheers from a DIYer who views problems as a logical challenge!

Bay Plumbing
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Bay Plumbing » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Matt,
I would go back to the shop or netshop and see if you can get hold of fitting instructions or see if ou can find them on the net.

Cheers Mark

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:13 am