All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cesca
Apprentice
Apprentice

kitchen tap

Post by cesca » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:50 pm

Hi
My kitchen tap is leaking (the tap itself, not underneath the sink). So far it is under control because there's a lot of limescale around it. It's around 50 mm diameter, but the specifications I see online do not mention it and in some cases it says 40 mm.
Does it matter?
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: kitchen tap

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:33 pm

Hi cesca,
I'm not sure what you are asking about.
If it's the fact it's leaking - no it doesn't matter, put up with the limscale.
If it's the size of the tap - yes it does matter if you are going to try to renovate it. Replacing the whole tap will be the least frustrating way of dealing with the problem.
Regards S

cesca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cesca » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:55 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi cesca,
I'm not sure what you are asking about.
If it's the fact it's leaking - no it doesn't matter, put up with the limscale.
If it's the size of the tap - yes it does matter if you are going to try to renovate it. Replacing the whole tap will be the least frustrating way of dealing with the problem.
Regards S

Hi stoneboy, thanks. Sorry, my post was not very clear. The limescale is a secondary problem. When I turn the water on, there's a minor leak from the area I've wrapped with a cloth. This is the main problem and, I think, the tab need to be replaced.
Most model specifications do not mention the diameter size. The new tab should have the same dimensions of the old tab, shouldn't it? How/Where can I find them? Thanks again.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi cesca,
If you search the web site of the company that fixes screws there are a number of similar taps for sale. If you have mains fed hot and cold the tap diameter will not matter, if however you are on tank fed hot with a low pressure you may find the flow too slow. In this case you will have to pay for a Franke navora which internally copes better with low pressures.
Regards S

cesca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cesca » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:49 am

If you search the web site of the company that fixes screws there are a number of similar taps for sale. If you have mains fed hot and cold the tap diameter will not matter, if however you are on tank fed hot with a low pressure you may find the flow too slow. In this case you will have to pay for a Franke navora which internally copes better with low pressures.
Regards S

Hot and cold water are fed by the mains (will ask a plumber about pressure etc.). In case I want a different model and (if only for aestetical reason) find out the tap diameter, would the word in the specifications be ''diameter'' or something else?
Thanks again.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:33 pm

Hi cesca,
With mains fed supplies you can have any tap you like, they will all work.
Regards S

cesca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cesca » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:00 pm

With mains fed supplies you can have any tap you like, they will all work.
Regards S

Thanks stoneyboy.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:43 pm