DIY Doctor

kitchen taps

Postby gdh1982 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:55 am

I'm going to be repacing my mums sink as the plug hole surround has cracked.
We have bought a replacment tap aswell,this being a mono mixer tap.I had a quick look under the sink and there doesn't appear to be any obvious isolation points for the two pipes going to the tap.
if there isn't do i then have to drain the whole system through the taps after isolating the water to the house?
there is a water tank in the loft and tank in the airing cupboard.
any help is greatly appreciated!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:47 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:22 pm

If you are lucky there will be valves fitted in the hot and cold water supply pipes, probably in the airing cupboard or the may be near the cold water tank. If these are absent or unuseable you will have to drain down the tank.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics