DIY Doctor

Kitchen Unit to Plastered Wall

Postby myself » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:27 am

I've recently moved in to anew house and I need to put up a (wall mounted) kitchen unit.

Now the wall sounds hollow :shock: , when I knock around. The unit is heavy and a bit concerned. DO I use normal plasterboard screw fittings or should I use something more stronger?

Hope to hear...before the wall collapses :D Ta.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:17 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby kbrownie » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:53 am

Hi Myself,

I have already addressed a few post yesterday regarding the same type of problem.
Don't like to sound repetative and I don't sell them!
But speaking from experience, I put a kitchen up in my house about 5 years ago and that had stud hollow walls. I used what's called "Hollow Wall Anchors" They came in all type weight duties. Available from DIY stores, builders merchant, iron mongers and so on. The good news for both of us is; that my wall units are still up and full of cups, plates, glasses etc....
So I'd recommend them with confidence.
Hope this was of use
Kind Regards and Good Luck
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Postby kbrownie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:36 am

me again
sorry didn't mention can buy brackets to fit on back kitchen units that hook on, from unit to wall and no need to screw straight through unit it's self.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics