kitchen wall cabinets
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Handy-girl
Labourer
Labourer

kitchen wall cabinets

by Handy-girl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:34 pm

ok i hope someone can help me, i asked a so called friend to help me install new kitchen wall units, he put one up and since then i have been unable to make contact, anyway the problem is the wall unit is from howdens and they didn't provide how-to guides so i have no idea how to fix the rest to the walls, inside the wall unit there is in the top left and right corners a white fixing with two screws one will extend the clip the other pull it tighter i have tried now for a week to sort this out and cannot fathom it can someone please tell me which screw is which i need to extend the arm to hang it on the bracket, there is a project page but it doesn't say which screw does what...................if you can help thank you so much................................................ :oops:

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Thu May 01, 2008 11:33 am

H-G,

THE HORIZONTAL ADJUSTMENT SCREWS NEED TO BE LOOSENED TO ALLOW THE HANGING BRACKETS TO HOOK OVER THE WALL MOUNTED BRACKETS.

ONCE UNIT IS HUNG, TIGHTENING UP THESE SCREWS WILL PULL UNIT AGAINST WALL ("DO NOT FULLY TIGHTEN AT THIS STAGE").

THE VIRTICAL ADJUSTMENT SCREWS ARE USED TO ADJUST THE HEIGHT AND LEVEL OF THE UNIT/S.

YOU CAN NOW FULLY TIGHTEN THE HORIZONTAL SCREWS TO HOLD THE UNITS SECURELY IN PLACE.

SO IN CONCLUSION, IT IS BEST TO HANG ALL YOUR UNITS BEFORE ADJUSTING THEM TO ACHIEVE CONSISTANT HEIGHT AND LEVEL OF THE RUN OF UNITS AND THEN TIGHTEN HORIZONTAL SCREWS TO CLAMP INTO PLACE.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU TO COMPLETE THE JOB.

CHEERS,

ALDA.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:47 am