KITCHEN WALL CABINETS
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ANDY777

KITCHEN WALL CABINETS

by ANDY777 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi all, first listing so be gentle with me!

Im fitting my last kitchen wall cabinet and as per sods law my last wall bracket position lands smack on an electrical run. It is a standard wall cabinet fixing bracket with the hook within the cabinet, latching onto a joggled plate. My question being, is there an offset bracket you can purchase to get round this problem or should i put a batten across the back and fix it to the wall in that way?

mike29
Labourer
Labourer

fixing kitchen wall units

by mike29 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi Andy,

This is quite a common problem. If your units have a solid back ie 15 to 18mm board just simply screw through same to the wall and it will be fine.

If this unit is part of a run of wall units you can secure the problem unit to the one next to it with a joining bolt (Two should be supplied with the unit)
Simply clamp them together and drill a 5mm hole on the front edge about
55mm in and bolt them together.
You could also use an L shaped bracket fixed at the top and bottom of the unit away from the cable, it will not be seen at the top and cam be covered by tiles at the bottom.

Hope this is of some help.

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:29 pm

MIKE,

IF YOU HAVE A SPARE HANGER PLATE, YOU COULD HAVE THEM WELDED TOGETHER TO PROVIDE THE OFFSET YOU REQUIRE.

ALDA.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:02 am