Kitchen Work Top Joint not Looking Great
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

St3v3Mac
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Work Top Joint not Looking Great

by St3v3Mac » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:36 am

Having sent far to much on a new kitchen from Howdens, I decided to fit the thing myself. It all went well up to the kitchen work tops. I cut to size, the units are level but the work top joints do not look great. There was a compound that came with the kitchen to use. I applied as directed but it didn't come over the top completely so I wiped it off. I am now left with a joint on 2 places of a U shaped kitchen not looking great.

I essentially have two long work tops, one side is clear, the other side has the kitchen sink and the short bit in the middle has the oven. With no idea on how tight to cut the tops I cut them exactly the gap, it was really tight to get in and I'm not sure this is where I made my mistake. I used a jog and cut the bolt holes and have connect these and done up tight but it still doesn't look great. (sorry for harping on I am trying to give a good idea of what it looks like) The tops are a marble effect laminate.

Any idea on how to make the joints look better.

Thanks

It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:47 pm