Lamiate Floor Rising.....
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jamie Cowan
Labourer
Labourer

Lamiate Floor Rising.....

by Jamie Cowan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi there....

We got a guy in about 8-9 months ago to lay lamiate flooring on a wooden surface..

We have noticed that it places its starting to rise.. I have the feeling this is due to the heat and cold expaning and comprising the floor and its rising up due to not enough space between the floor and the skirting board..

Are there any suggestions to get the floor back level.. I have the feeling I will have to remove the skirting boards for this to work, but if anyone else has had the same or similar issue had has resolved this I would be very grateful for this information...

Thanks in advance...

Jamie...

LordD
Labourer
Labourer

Laminate floor rising

by LordD » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 am

This is usually because there has been no expansion gap around the edge of the flooring, the gap allows the laminate to expand and contract. This is important particularly when the floor is subject to direct 'spot' sunlight.
Other causes are localised excess damp.

Hope this helps.

allan the locksmith
Tradesman
Tradesman

by allan the locksmith » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:54 pm

No Need to remove the skirtings,just buy a mulitools from either bosch or fein. These allow you to cut the skirtings with it still on the wall.Look on youtube for lots of demo vids for both tools.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:57 am