laminate flooring laying - what they don't tell you
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thedoctor

by thedoctor » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:58 pm

See the project on laying laminate flooring there is an explaination disc in there for sale. Its easy if you know !!

AndyMarriott
Labourer
Labourer

by AndyMarriott » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:38 am

And does the disc really tell you how to do this. I doubt it. I've just ploughed thru a 7-page guide from B & Q and this is what it said on the topic: 'You have to make minor adjustments to doorframes and skirtings to ensure your new flooring fits comfortably.' That's it! Seven pages of instructions on the easy stuff but when it comes to the tricky bit, they chicken out.

ivan7tr
Labourer
Labourer

by ivan7tr » Thu May 03, 2007 11:33 pm

Yes,its easy!All you need just to take your door out until flooring is comlete,just like you do with the skirting boards.My example:remove all doors and skirting boards in a room before laying a laminated floor.do what is says under instruction,which is comes whith flooring.when flooring done doors and skirting boards can be fixed back

ahammond
Labourer
Labourer

by ahammond » Thu May 10, 2007 11:05 am

On the subject of laminate flooring I am about to attempt to lay some in my utility room. The slight problem being apart from the three doors and two waste pipes is that there is a drain cover cover in the room that for insurance purposes has to be easily accessed. Some form of lift out section in the flooring is what is needed but quite how I am going to achieve this has so far defeated me. Any suggestions would be welcome.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm