laminate flooring part 2
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Damoman
Apprentice
Apprentice

laminate flooring part 2

by Damoman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:05 am

Hi

I have not had any reply to my last post and it might have sounded confusing.

To put it simply can you fit a wc pan and basin pedestal on top of laminate flooring or do you have to cut round them leaving an expansion gap as per the walls ?

Thanks

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:51 pm

Hello mate, the best thing to do would be to cut around the loo and sink. Im thinking most on here would say thats the proper way to do it. However having said that I have in the past fitted a sink pedestal and loo over a laminate floor to get a nicer finish as nothing looks worst than floor which just meets. Another option could be to cut your flooring so just the edge of sink and loo covering the flooring rather than lay the floor completely beneath them. Basically its your choice. The way i would look at it is, laminates not the best flooring type for bathrooms unless its suitable for use. Wood expands contracts with water so there could be a few problems in the future if its exposed to a lot of water? But if your just laying some fairly cheap laminate over a small area then it might last a few years or so in which case its will also be cheap to replace and when you do it just means lifting the loo and sink. Hope this helps...let me know how you get on mate.

Damoman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Damoman » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:17 pm

Thanks Dude DIY

I understand all the pros and cons of laminate flooring.

I don't think I will bother with it now in the bathroom even though it's water resistant designed for bathrooms. I will have a rethink about the type of floor but no doubt the trouble and strife will have something to say on the matter.

Cheers

Damoman

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:58 pm