laminate flooring question!! thank you!
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
timy
Labourer
Labourer

laminate flooring question!! thank you!

by timy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:17 pm

:D hello, i am new!!! to DIY!!! :)

and i have eventually managed to get started with the re-vamp of my little flat! just been to ikea (very cheap laminate all) £5.49 per mter and have a question or two

i have at present carpet and under lay, can i possibly lay my lam on the original underlay or indeed the carpet as well. iwould like to ensure sound proffing for my neighbours.

also. how easy is it to lay lam'...i have a rather unusual moon shaped sitting room, well thanks guys and i hope to hear back from you soon,

timy[color=olive][/color]

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi there,

Whatever you do you must buy the correct underlay for laminate flooring and not use the carpet underlay or lay it over your carpet. You can get better quailty laminate underlay or underlay boards if your concerned about sound proofing. Laying a laminate floor well takes planning patienece and hard work. It may be easyer and cheaper in the long run to pay someone if this is your first attempt at any form of DIY. If you do decide to go ahead on your own, read up on the subject first of all. When you think you know what your doing, read some more. Badly laid ikea laminate wont last long if not done correctly. My tip is buy a decent set of knee protectors as well.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:04 pm