Laminate Flooring - Staggering Joints
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lozinger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Laminate Flooring - Staggering Joints

by Lozinger » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:07 am

I have a T-shaped 22m2 kitchen area that I have laminated including one long narrow galley area. Thing is I committed potentially a sin as I didn't stagger the 8 boards across this galley, as if I'd staggered I would've been left with only two small boards to stagger, and I felt this may even be less stable?

This galley then joins with the main square area where the joints are most definitely staggered.

It looks solid right now, but I'm feeling maybe i should relay to be on the safe side before putting the skirting back down.

Any advice?
Last edited by Lozinger on Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:24 pm

is the galley span only wide enough for one board length? it isn't really clear from your description. i assume so, as you say you could only stagger with 2 short boards. if thats the case then there is absolutely no point in cutting two smaller boards. you are correct that it is more stable just to have a single length. no point in adding in extra joints where they are not necessary.

Lozinger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Staggered Boards

by Lozinger » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Chris,

Many thanks for the reply,

Yes the galley is just shy of a board wide. I somehow felt that cuttting want quite right but I'm very glad to hear it from someone in the know.

Thanks!

Lozinger

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:29 pm