LAMMINATE FLOOR ISSUE
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
water logged
Labourer
Labourer

LAMMINATE FLOOR ISSUE

by water logged » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:45 am

HELLO Im having probem insatlling the click flooring as it wont click together lenght wise ,, it was stored in are Garrage and we where flooded by over land flooding last fall i kept prsure on the stack of 40 while the dried but the tonges still seem swollen ..is it poosible to cut the tonges of and clue the floor down ,,insurance wont cover us as it was not installed and a act of god ,, nice to live in manitoba EH ,, i was thinkinh maybe table saw the tonge and glue it 8mm poly ,,we have no monies left for new flooring ,as we had to rebuild basicly everything incuding are main floor ,, so i know its a shot in the dark but any advice would be appreciated,,

landed
Apprentice
Apprentice

my guess

by landed » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Perhaps you can machine the swolen tongues a bit thinner using a router mounted to a table - I think this may loose the strength of the join however.

My gut feeling is that its better to do that and also make sure you have a level floor and be forced to glue down the flooring. I don't think its throwaway time unless the laminate is damaged.

I'm not at all a professional [TAKE NOTE] - but this might prompt the professionals to respond.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:40 pm