Laying a new concrete floor adjacent to an existing one....
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
bandh
Labourer
Labourer

Laying a new concrete floor adjacent to an existing one....

Post by bandh » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi

I live in a Victorian terrace house and I am currently in the process of redoing my kitchen. I have removed a toilet from the rear of the kitchen. The floor level of the toilet was higher than the rest of the kitchen both of which are concrete. I suspect that the toilet floor was added at a later date. I have removed the floor, back to soil and it was separate from the main kitchen floor.

I need to relay the floor in the old toilet area. I have a couple of queries that I would appreciate some help with.

1) What are the current regs for concrete floors eg how deep does the concrete need to be, what do I need under the concrete - insulation etc...

2) How would I manage the DPC? I suspect that the existing floor in the kitchen does not have a good DPC.

3) Kind of relating to no. 2 above but how do I manage the transition between the old floor and the new floor? Do I just pour the new floor right up against the old one?

Thank yon in advance of your assistance.

Ben

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:48 am