Laying imprinted concrete
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
welshgirl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Laying imprinted concrete

by welshgirl » Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Just had a firm to quote me on putting down imprinted concrete at the front + back of our semi-detached house due to frost making holes in our current cement paths. They want to bring up the old cement and go down about 8 inches to lay better foundations and put in better drainage. Currently the whole garden only feeds into one small drain. They want to channel some of the water to go into the main drain. But my concern is will going down about 8 inches with a pneumatic drill do any damage to the house. Will the vibrations cause damage to windows, walls around the garden etc. I originally wanted a quote because the appearance of the cement paths don't look that pretty but it sounds like a much bigger job now and I am concerned that if the job is not done right will I be dealing with trying to fix much bigger problems.
Any advice would be grateful.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Laying imprinted concrete

by welsh brickie » Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 pm

its highly unlikely the jackhammer will damage your property,the work you discribed they are going to undertake sounds correct,but always use a company that has been recomended by friends or family and get a minimum of 3 quotes.Do your groundwork before committing to any contract..

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:47 pm