Laying laminate flooring in one room, carpet/lino in another
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
matt20
Labourer
Labourer

Laying laminate flooring in one room, carpet/lino in another

by matt20 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:18 pm

I am considering laying laminate flooring on the whole ground floor of my property, with the exception of the kitchen, which I plan to lay with tiles at a later date.

There is currently wood flooring effect 'lino' type flooring in my kitchen - how do I deal with joining this with the new laminate flooring where they meet?

foxxyladyfour
Labourer
Labourer

I also have this problem

by foxxyladyfour » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:49 pm

I am also about to lay laminate in one room and already have wood effect lino in the adjoining room , so could do with an answer to this prob too!

Ken Woodchef
Apprentice
Apprentice

Threshold Strip for Laminate

by Ken Woodchef » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi, you will need to obtain a reducing strip (teardrop profile) to provide a step-down of the differing heights between the Laminate and lino at the door threshold. The type and height of this will depend on the depth of the finished laminate (depending on the type of underlay used under the Laminate).

Check the height of the finished Laminate floor and the width of door (between inner cheeks of frame) then take this to a flooring store or large DIY store where they will have a variety of reducing strips.

Hope this helps

Ken

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:40 am