Laying Replacement Wooden Flooring for Mobile Park Home
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
david.peacock79
Labourer
Labourer

Laying Replacement Wooden Flooring for Mobile Park Home

Post by david.peacock79 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello my name is David and i live in a mobile park home, or rather i would like to.
My problem is there are holes in the floor and holes in the wall. The flooring is made from 18mm particle board. The particle board has disintegrated in parts has foot depressions in others.
The mission (should i decide to accept it) is to replace the particle board with plywood. Although there was originally only an upper floor, it looks like i could install an under-floor, so i could put insulation down between the floors.
The whole point of my posting is about treating the plywood before i put it down. It didn’t look like anyone pre-treated the particle board.
Can i buy pre-treated plywood? Should i buy pre-treated plywood? Can i treat the plywood myself? And if so, with what? If i do treat it myself how long after treating it, before i can i lay it down.
I take it i only need to do the under floor?.

cmorales
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Laying Replacement Wooden Flooring for Mobile Park Home

Post by cmorales » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 am

I guess you need to replace first the particle board. Once you replace it you may install the pretreated plywood for the protection.

thedoctor

Re: Laying Replacement Wooden Flooring for Mobile Park Home

Post by thedoctor » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 am

Hi
If you are going to treat the boards yourself, a decent wood preserver, and one that we use regularly is the Cuprinol 5 Star Wood Preserver: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... litre.html

Hope this helps

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:01 pm