Laying Solid Wood
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Joiner_Mike
Ganger
Ganger

Laying Solid Wood

by Joiner_Mike » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Im thinking of laying around 100 square metres of solid oak grade A&B to a concrete sub floor. The mostiure content has been checked and is fine to lay on.
What would be the best method? Using Sika T54 glue or by using battons and secret nailing? Does it sound hollow on battons? Please don't suggest floating floor cos they always create expansion problems. Ive fiited about 50 solid wood floors.

Are they any other methods?

Ive used skia which is really good glue but it's exoensive about £90 / 10 square metres.
Any advice from experienced floor fitters?

floor-sanding-man
Labourer
Labourer

by floor-sanding-man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi Mike
For me anything over a 6:1 ratio width to thickness I would mechanicaly fix. The Sika T54 is very good but as you say ouch expensive. I used to think the solvent adhesives were good but I got fed up with the headaches, I have been using Bona R850 recently which I found very good, still expensive but not as bad as the Sika. 15kg tub for about £70 which I found good for about 14-15m2.
Still not so sure of liquid batton systems, I still want a full stick down system.
Regards
Sandy Man

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:57 am