Laying Vinyl onto a Concrete Bathroom Floor that is in use Daily
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HaroonNaheem
Labourer
Labourer

Laying Vinyl onto a Concrete Bathroom Floor that is in use Daily

by HaroonNaheem » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi all,

I have been researching on my problem for hours today and I cannot find a suitable solution due to the uniqueness of my issue.

I really hope someone can help me!

Here is the backstory and my problem (sorry if I'm waffling):

I moved into my current property about a year ago and my bathroom had laminate flooring installed.

A good while later I noticed that the mastic around the bath had cracks and black spots and did not initially think much of it.

However, afterwards, I noticed that water was coming up through the laminate flooring. Since then, (months after noticing), I have removed the laminate and the concrete floor underneath is very damp.

I know that I have to let the concrete dry before installing new flooring but this will take time and every time I have a bath I feel it will be like taking one step forwards and a million steps back! This is mainly due to not having a second bathroom.

Can you please advise on what I can do to prep the floor prior to laying vinyl flooring?

I was thinking of fixing DPM straight onto the floor, then plywood more DPM and then self adhesive vinyl floor tiles. Is this a good idea?

Regards,

HN

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Laying Vinyl onto a Concrete Bathroom Floor that is in use Daily

by welsh brickie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:17 pm

not a good idea, lay a self level compound, there are some on the market that can be laid up to 50mm thick, that will give you a good level base to work on.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:10 pm