LCD or low voltage halogen garden lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hongkongphooey
Labourer
Labourer

LCD or low voltage halogen garden lights

by hongkongphooey » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:19 am

I am looking to use some recessed lights in a wall to spread light over a patio area. The patio ranges from about 7 meters wide to 5m and my concern is to get the right amount of light. Would it work to use decking or uplighter type lights in the wall at a low level pointing back over the patio with a narrow angle bulb so that there is not too much glare at eye level, suggestions appreciated

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:06 pm

The big electrical companies do 1000's of different lights and I would look on their web sites. CEF, RS Components, newey and eyre, Screwfix all do lights and with cost and looks being personal things you need to look yourself.
One consideration must be Part P and any fixed units even if plugged in will come under it. So extra low voltage may be better option than low voltage. Note:- Mains is called Low Voltage the 12 volt stuff is Extra Low Voltage. Often Separated Extra Low Voltage (SELV). The solar charging lights are so easy with no problems with building control that these are now very attractive option. Energy saving is good idea not because of any goody goody things but they are cold and no one will get burnt.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:54 pm