DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Leak from a 'valve' in my airing cupboard

Postby stuntdog23 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:47 pm

I had a small leak in my hot water/central heating system. Can anyone help my identify the problem part? It is a 'valve' on a pipe behind the water pump. It has a clear cap with a red indicator underneath. The plastic cap has begun to perish and hot water was spraying from the seal. I have turned the hot water and central heating off and the leak has stopped.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:26 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi stuntdog23,
Without seeing how the valve is installed in the pipe work it is difficult to positively identify it but I guess it is a thermal balancing valve.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 6317
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics