Leak from multikwik pan connector
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PlumbingFirstTime
Labourer
Labourer

Leak from multikwik pan connector

Post by PlumbingFirstTime » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Hopefully the pictures add some clarity to my problem.

I’ve redone my entire bathroom and now on the last part, connecting the WC to the existing waste connector.

To achieve this I’ve purchased McAlpine WC-F26R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 97-107mm which connects onto the WC fine - It’s the other end which is leaking (hasn’t created a tight enough seal). I’ve pushed it into the existing multikwik connector. It’s this part which is leaking.

Any help on getting a tighter seal/fixing the leak would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Leak from multikwik pan connector

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi plumbingfirsttime
You are fitting a pan connector - the concertina one - into another pan connector - the one in the wall. If the concertina one is long enough you’re best to remove the one in the wall. Alternatively you could buy a concertina connector with a larger diameter male end.
Regards S

dickonS(2)
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Leak from multikwik pan connector

Post by dickonS(2) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:39 am

Hi There,
This is a bit late but I’ve only just joined the forum! The very easy way to solve this problem is to cut a short length of waste (foul) pipe and shove it into the multiquikfit in the wall and then shove your new one into that. An alternative is to fiddle on making a nice external seal with plumber’s mait.
Cheers!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:12 pm