Leak in Open CH system
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
aongus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Leak in Open CH system

by aongus » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Hi There,

I have a leak in an open CH system. It leaks something in the region of 1 litre / 10 mins when the system is turned off, when it's on, there does not appear to be a leak. Seems really strange to me. I checked the immersion tank which is a cross over point between CH and hot water system, I don't think it's leaking inside the tank, as the water is running in the CH tank while the hot water is not used.

I don't see any leaks in the house, so, I can only guess that it may be between the shed and house. I'm guessing that the heat is sealing the joint. Tried some sealer, which seemed to work but it's started again since....

Aongus

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:09 pm

If you can't find a leak how do you know it's 1 litre every 10 minutes? Something must have driven you to that conclusion and it seems like a good idea if you could share that data.

I'm already leaning towards the thought that you should get someone in to look at it.

Cheers

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:34 pm

If it was a sealed system i'd understand what you're saying - apart from the 1 litre every 10 minutes.

How do you know there's a leak if you can't find it, there's no signs of a leak ?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1