Leak somewhere in the system...
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Flood
Labourer
Labourer

Leak somewhere in the system...

by Flood » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 pm

So after moving to a condensing combi, I have a leak somewhere in the system and it's losing around 1/2 bar every 24 hours.

Do you guys have any bright ideas that I could try before ripping up the floor? I've checked all rads, visible pipework and the boiler.

Maybe it's worth sitting by the boiler pipes for an entire day watching for a big stream of water??

I haven't tried leak sealant or putting aftershave in the system yet... But I really do need to do something soon....

Any help will be much appreciated...this constant leak is slowly killing my soul

It's a valliant ecoTEC plus 831 boiler

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Thats the risk of changing to a pressurised boiler/system and not upgrading pipework and radiators/valves at least.

Basically - nothing visible, start lifting floors.

htg

alltruetech
Labourer
Labourer

by alltruetech » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:03 am

You should start ripping the floor, although it will cost you but i guess that's the best option to do to avoid more damage.

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:25 pm

is water escaping from the pressure relief valve? it may be that the expansion vessel has lost it's air charge

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1