leaking hot water tank again
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markspark
Labourer
Labourer

leaking hot water tank again

by markspark » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:04 pm

i am hoping to replace my vented indirect hot water cyl as it appears to have sprung a small leak. The return pipe from the boiler appears to have a gate tap but nothing on the feed pipe will this be ok when tank is drained :?: Also, i have a cold water storage tank in the loft along with an expansion tank i assume for the central heating do i need to do anything to the expansion tank when changing the cyl :?: Finally, this expansion tank has been filling and passing water into the over flow pipe could this be down to the leaking HWcyl ,as the ballcock valve seems fine .THANKS just need some advice before i decide to have a go myself or get someone in :?

Oliver_murphy
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Oliver_murphy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 pm

you will need to drain both the systems down. The cyl and Central heating. The gate valves wont cause you any hassle, as long as you have fully drained the system.

It shouldn't be draining into a overflow, I think that maybe you have the ballcock set to high,

I would suggest getting someone in, looking to pay somehwhere bewtween £300-£500 + VAT.

Given all the problems, and qeustions, its a big job to take on,

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1