Leaking Window
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mike279
Labourer
Labourer

Leaking Window

by mike279 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Hello,
One of my double glazed windows has sprung a leak.Every time it rains I have water leaking in between the cill and the window frame.Can someone tell me if it is possible to remove and replace the cill without having to remove the whole wondow.I have a gap of approx 30mm between the bottom of the cill and the top of the wooden window frame.Any help on this matter would be greatfully appreciated.

mike279
Labourer
Labourer

Leaking window

by mike279 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:57 pm

Thought I should let you all know what I have found just in case someone else finds themselves with a similar problem.I was able to remove the cill from the window unit.According to the advice given by DIYdoctor site silicone sealant should have been applied between frame and cill.Their was no sealant applied to mine.This must have been where the water was getting through.Also in the underside of the frame is a slot to which a rubberised seal should have been,on mine parts of the sael were also missing.All is well now,window has been well tested over the last few days.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:10 pm